Summary in English
Membership of the Norwegian Association of Data Protection Officers (in Norwegian: Foreningen Personvernombudene) is open to anyone who is registered as a data protection officer (DPO) with the Norwegian Data Protection Authority, with another competent EEA supervisory authority, or has privacy advice as one of his/her primary tasks.
The Association helps members provide good privacy advice regarding the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It offers professional development and networks for practitioners in public and private organisations. This is achieved by:
- exchanging ideas and experiences on privacy matters among the members
- promoting good advisory practice, data ethics and information security
- being in dialogue with the Norwegian Data Protection Authority in interpretating the rules and be a spokesman on behalf of the Association’s members
- influencing and actively participating in the public debate within the Association’s scope
- participating in other organisations that have similar aims
- participating in privacy certification mechanisms
The Norwegian Association of Data Protection Officers was founded on 27 November 2020 by privacy professionals with a background in public and private organisations. The membership fee for 2022 is NOK 500. Members must be able to communicate in Norwegian; alternatively in Danish or Swedish.
Google provides an approximate translation of the pvo.no website.